Happy Friday! This week has been lovely getting back to the usual routine after Emma’s birthday and having a wonderful weekend with family too. The sun has been shining on and off so we’ve grabbed the opportunity to go out when we can, not knowing when the potential risk of snow will appear again…
1. A beautiful walk in Queen’s Park – I’ve been told about this park for so many months and finally got round to going with Emma. It was even more beautiful than was descirbed to me and we had such a wonderful afternoon in the sun, watching the ducks and pigeons before having a go on the swings.
2. Watching Emma embracing imaginitive play – we bought her Bing’s house and a Happyland set, thinking she’ll get into it when she’s older, but she’s loving it. It’s so cute seeing her playing with the little figurines!
3. Weekend with my other half’s family – it was a very special weekend to get all the family together and I really enjoyed it. Emma loved being with her Granny and we had such a laugh – it’s so lovely to be with family and gives me a bit of a breather while they enjoy spending time with Em.
4. Discovering how much Emma loves a trampoline – I kind of avoid them due to the old pelvic floor (don’t we all ladies) so it was excellent to have her several other family members happy to step in. Her face lit up with excitement and my little danger monkey loved it.
5. A few nights just me and my other half – I’ve really enjoyed some quality time together as it felt like as soon as he has been back, it’s been a whirlwind of Emma’s birthday and catching up with family! It’s so nice to just take a moment to relax together and have a few giggles.
6. Getting my hair cut – I only realised last week that it had been over a year since I’d had it cut, 3 weeks before Emma was born. I usually leave it a while as I’m not the biggest fan of the hairdressers (a story for another day) but this is the longest I’ve left ever left it! The kind hairdresser didn’t make the usual cringe face asking “how long has it been since you’ve cut it?!” which I was very grateful for; and so typically for me, I only got a trim so only 1 or 2 people even noticed!! But still, it was a lovely afternoon of pampering for me.
7. Taking it easy where I can – Emma is now in a routine of waking at 5:30am every morning. Which is a bit ouchy at the moment, though endearing when I see her little face light up as I spot her standing in her cot, jumping with morning delight. So at the moment, I’m taking naps when I can and grabbing every chance to sit with cuppa, which seems to be helping!
8. Getting excited about my birthday – last year Emma was so young that my birthday sort of blurred into the background as I worried about breastfeeding, sleep (or lack thereof) and everything in between. So this year we are having a bit of a celebration and I can’t wait!
What did you get up to this week? Hope you had a wonderful one too!