This week has been such a huge one that I’ve struggled to find the time to sit down and write it – firstly, my other half returned from his trip and it was so wonderful to see him! And then, (drumroll please….) it was Emma’s first birthday. It made me reiminisce over the past year and realise how far our little family has come in 12 months, and how proud I am of all of us.
So this week’s happy list has been the easiest to write as it seems filled with lovely moments that make me smile….
1. My other half returning from his trip away and having a lovely lunch together near our house. It was wonderful to chat and catch up properly, as I always really miss him when he’s away.
2. Making a homemade banner for my other half’s return and also buying a Bakersday letterbox cake which read ‘Keep Calm Daddy’s Home!’. He absolutely loved it and was quite surprised I think 🙂
3. Emma turning one! I can’t believe it. My little ladybird who was so tiny I could lift her easily with one hand, is now an independent, feisty, stubborn as a mule girl. We had a wonderful party to celebrate, including a beautiful Bing (her favourite) cake, yummy food and amazing company with some friends we hadn’t seen for months.
4. Facetime chats. A lot of my family live far away from the UK and Facetime is so amazing for keeping in touch, and making it feel like we’re not so distant from each other. I used to Skype all the way, but Facetime is just so much easier.
5. Party leftovers. Yeah I know, I really should’ve given away A LOT more of the birthday cake than I did. Was it my sub-conscious talking? Who knows. But what I do know is that birthday cake and crisps and breadsticks at any time of the day is awesome and I will be sad when it comes to an end (soon as supplies are fast diminishing).
6. The finalists for the MAD Blog Awards. Even though I was nominated, I knew with such a new blog that I didn’t have a chance of making the list and was just really flattered that anyone had thought of me. But I was thrilled to see Twitter friends and bloggers I truly admire on the list. Right Royal Mother is up for Best New Blog and couldn’t deserve it more. If you haven’t checked out Polly’s blog, do it now – she is one clever lady and writes such funny posts on how her family life might compare to the Duchess of Cambridge. For me, it’s such an inspiring and unique blog that I love to read. Also up for a nomination is Beauty, Baby & Me for Best Baby Blog. As well as being lovely and supportive on Twitter to a newbie like me, I love reading her blog as it’s so down-to-earth and 100% relatable.
7. Rain showers in Brighton. I love the sunshine and the thought that spring is on its way, but I also find the rain so therapeutic, especially on the seafront.
8. Starting Sing & Sign classes this week and learning basic signing, like more, milk, food, drink, yes and please. I hope it will help Emma to communicate a bit more and know what it happening throughout our days.
9. Getting some lovely comments on this blog post, which I linked up to #bloggerclubUK. It took me over a week to share it as it is such a personal one and shows a different side to me, one that is messy and emotional but truly honest. It’s tough sharing thoughts and feelings that come from the bottom of your heart, but receiving supportive comments means the world to me.
10. Going self-hosted and feeling proud at doing it all by myself minus the help of an extremely patient tech guy via email. Wow, seriously that guy deserves a medal of some sort. But I’m really happy with the new look and would love to know what you think!
Hope you’ve had a good week too xxx