Wow, it’s August and I can hardly believe it. It seems like yesterday we were starting the year and it’s just flown by so quickly. For us, at the start of the year my other half went back to commuting into London after 6 months of working locally so it was a huge change for everyone really…it’s so wonderful when the summer comes along and we can have some more quality time together all four of us.
It feels like I’ve made loads of progress this month on the blog front, I’m not sure how this happened but I’ve been really eager to write lots. I’ve also managed to set a schedule for myself and get a bit more organised, which is helping to just know when I can slow it down a little bit. My other half was saying to me last night how I never do things in half measures…he’s right, of course, but equally I don’t want to burn out! So here’s what happened in July:
On The Blog. . .
- I’ve had a few more collaborations with brands lately, which I’m really happy about. It’s something I am interested in doing moving forward, but just gaining the confidence to pitch to companies. This month we worked with Acamar Films (who produce Bing) on the launch of their new Bing Baking App, Wren Kitchens on a very fun Instagram baking campaign and Green People, reviewing their Organic Babies bath products.
- My confidence with vlogging has grown a little bit and I’m now posting a new vlog every Friday. It’s taken a little while to get my head round the editing side of things but I’m really enjoying it. The lovely comments that people are leaving on my blog posts means the world to me and you can check out my channel here if you fancy!
- This month I’ve been featured in a few weekly round-ups for posts other bloggers have enjoyed reading, which just made my day! It’s always so encouraging when people enjoy reading my posts and relate to what I am writing about.
- I wrote a post called ‘My Filter-less Feed’ which was accepted by The Huffington Post UK – I was thrilled about this as it’s quite different to how I usually write. Then it was also featured in Jamie Oliver’s Huffington Post campaign #ThrivingFamilies which is showcasing challenges faced by stay at home mums and families who aren’t the typical 2.4. I was thrilled to be linked to this, and even featured on the front page for a couple of days.
- In the world of stats, I was chuffed to reached 4,500 views this month and 350 likes on Facebook. I know that’s still quite low figures in the grand scheme of things, but so encouraging to see my page views steadily climb. Facebook is still a platform I don’t understand at all so to grow to 350 was an achievement in itself!
At Home . . .
- We had a busy month at home…unfortunately we had a bit of bad news in the family but the silver lining is that my Mum was able to stay with us for a whole week. It was fantastic as I could see the bond between Emma and Nanny growing each day. I was also extremely thankful to my Mum for taking Emma to the park each morning so I could have an hour off to do those little things that are hard to do with a toddler roaming free.
- Which leads nicely onto – Emma is running everywhere! This month saw her gain momentum on her feet and now she can easily run around to her hearts content. Her favourite at the moment is chasing the pigeons and seagulls at the park and we had a wonderful time at the park by the sprinklers.
- Emma also made it into her own room and without the slightest fuss! It almost seemed like a relief for her to have a bit of alone time. The disappointment is that she is not sleeping through the night *sigh* – but we’re getting much better sleep on the whole.
- I’m so proud of my other half this week – he has just published his second crime novel after many months of writing it alongside his day job. It’s now on sale on Amazon and in all supermarkets too.
- Another proud moment was my stepson, James finishing Year 7. He’s done brilliantly this year, adapting to his secondary school even though most of his primary school friends went to another one. We were worried about him, but shouldn’t have been as he took it all in his stride. Onto Year 8!
Things to Look Forward To . . .
- There’s lots coming up, but best of all is having 3 weeks in August where my other half is off work to enjoy as a family.
- Enjoying the simple pleasures of the summer holidays…lazy mornings, poached eggs and toast, trips to the beach and our family movie nights.
- We’re going on holiday to Ireland, to visit my other half’s family and I can’t wait! I think Emma is going to love it and we’ll get to spend lots of time with her Irish Granny and Grandpa. We’re also planning a trip to Galway, which I’m excited about as we’ve not been before.
- I’ve been introduced to a massage company and looking forward to some ‘me’ time soon, which will hopefully appear on my YouTube channel before long!
Hope you had a wonderful July and have a lovely August planned too…anything exciting you’re getting up to?