I’ve seen this tag floating around the blogosphere and I’ve been secretly wanting someone to tag me…and then over the past few weeks I have been tagged 3 times! You know what they say about buses…so here I am with my thirty questions to answer, which can mean only one thing. When I said this post is a little bit about me, it’s actually a lot about me 🙂
Firstly a huge thank you to Sam from Mouse, Moo and Me Too, Ellen from Babies, Biscuits and Booze & Emma from Me and B Make Tea for tagging me. If you haven’t checked out these ladies’ blogs, please pop on over as they are amongst my favourites. They are also all part of what I like to think of as my own little sisterhood, fabulous women supporting each other.
So here we go…
1. Did you always want kids?
I think so. I’ve never really been one for a big life plan, but all I can say is meeting my stepson confirmed that I wanted to be a Mum.
2. What is your go-to dish to cook if you have guests round?
Something super easy like shepherd’s pie or spaghetti bolognaise. I wish I was a super cook like my Mum, who can knock up quite literally a feast in 30 minutes flat.
3. If you could change anything about your life, what would it be?
I would have tried not to be so stressed about work. I’m a bit of a workaholic by nature but there’s some things you just can’t control and getting stressed over it isn’t worth it.
4. Are you a cat or dog person?
Dogs 100%. I’m (not so) secretly scared of cats.
5. Name a book that influenced you.
To Kill A Mockingbird
6. What do you find most challenging when it comes to blogging?
Keeping on top of social media. I always feel like I’m not doing enough and if I’m really honest writing posts is the part I find easiest.
7. Which three people would you most like to have a meal with (celebs/non celebs alive/dead fictional)
Woody Allen, David Schwimmer and Audrey Hepburn.
8. Where do you plan to go on holiday next?
We haven’t got somewhere specific in mind, but a poolside holiday in the South of France or Spain will be next. I think kids will really love it 🙂
9. If you had £100k, what would you do with it?
I would buy a house in Brighton with a garden…not even a big house, perhaps just somewhere on our road! Then I’d take the whole family on holiday to Penang in Malaysia. We went there as a family when I was 11 and it was the best holiday. I always thought I’d love to go with my family some day.
10. What scares you?
Cats and mice in the house. My old flat in London had mice and thinking of the pitter patter of their feet still makes my skin crawl!
11. As a child what did you want to be when you grew up?
A ballerina until I was 13 and then I wanted to be a TV presenter.
12. Which song cheers you up when you’ve had a crap day?
Everything by Michael Buble. I used to sing it to Emma when she was a newborn and crying uncontrollably. It still soothes her to this day and just makes me smile.
13. What’s your favourite book?
Wuthering Heights…I read it at school and have re read it so many times since.
14. Is there anything you wish someone had told you before you had kids?
Be as patient as you can with your other half…and that you can totally do this.
15. You can only eat one food for the rest of your life – what are you picking?
Fresh ramen noodle soup with chilli, chicken and spinach.
16. What’s the best thing about being a blogger?
Having something that’s just for me and that I’m fiercely proud of…and the awesome community of bloggers. I’ve met some really lovely people, who are so supportive and welcoming.
17. What’s your guilty pleasure TV show?
America’s Next Top Model…I just love it.
18. When’s the last time you saw live music or a show and what was it?
It was aaaaages ago sadly…Eels at the Barbican Centre in July 2014.
19. Which blog should we all be reading?!
Obviously the ladies above are all brilliant and you should go and read theirs right away! Other than that I am loving Admissions of a Working Mother. Sarah’s writing is just brilliant and always makes me laugh; you’ll be reading her blog for hours, I promise.
20. Shots are on me – tequila, sambuca or jägerbombs?
Tequila every time!
21. What’s your favourite biscuit?
A plain Digestive that I usually have with cheese. For some reason, my simple choice causes a bit of controversy and I’ve had an argument with my ex-boss who is adamant a Digestive must be eaten with chocolate…
22. If you could choose your first name, what would it be?
I really love the name Nancy and wanted to call my daughter this name too. But her surname also begins with an N and I was vetoed!
23. What should I be watching on Netflix right now?
Oh I’m so rubbish at Netflix…Orange is the New Black? You’re watching it already aren’t you?!
24. If you could play a villain in a film, who would it be?
Ooh good one. Hmm Captain Hook, because it just looks like a lot of fun.
25. Would you rather appear on Gladiators, The Krypton Factor, or Countdown?
Gladiators, hands down! I’d love to give my best shot on the vault and also with those deadly pujel sticks.
26. Snog, Marry, Avoid: Duncan from Blue, Joe Wicks, Ant from Ant & Dec.
Haha! I would snog Joe Wicks any day, marry Ant because he’s frankly hilarious and avoid Duncan from Blue.
27. What’s the best wedding favour you’ve ever received?
I haven’t had any super exciting ones, but my brother and sister in law got some relish made just for them by a clever Yorkshire relish maker.
28. Who’s sitting on your right at your dream dinner party?
Dermot O’Leary, Darcey Bussell, Tom Waits and Joni Mitchell.
29. Would you have botox in the next three years, if it was free?
Never…I just couldn’t for fear of what would happen if it all went wrong!
30. I drink sherry at Christmas. A LOT of sherry at Christmas. Am I a bad person?
Never ever…you’re duty bound to drink sherry in the festive season I always thought 🙂
If you’re still reading…wow you made it to the end of the longest Q&A ever! Thank you for sticking with me there…
Next up, I nominate the following lovely ladies to take part and answer my 10 questions below:
Fi from Beauty, Baby and Me
Laura from Five Little Doves
Jane from Maflingo
Suzanne from And Another 10 Things
Rachel from Our Rach
- Are you a morning or evening person?
- What’s your favourite old school sweet?
- In the tea and biscuit department, do you dunk?
- Crunchie or Twix?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be?
- What’s your perfect evening, once the kids are in bed?
- Who is your unlikely celebrity crush?
- Who would play you in the film of your life?
- What’s your dream holiday?
- What’s your drink: vodka, gin or rum?