These weeks are really going fast and I can’t believe November is here already. I had been harping on about how warm it was in October but over the past week, it has been so cold….autumn is finally here! There are loads of leaves on the pavement and Emma has discovered the joy of running through the leaves with her brand new ankle boots. It’s lovely to see her discover so many new things. This month in particular, she has just sky rocketed in her progress at nursery and with her Nanny (my mum).
Life for me has been a bit of a whirlwind this month – I have now been working for almost 6 weeks and I’m exhausted! It’s great to be back in the swing of things and I am so pleased Emma is adapting like an absolute trooper, but the commuting really does take it out of you. But on the positive side of things, it makes you really appreciate the weekend time you have together as a family…that time is so precious now.
On The Blog…
- First and foremost, I’ve worked on a couple of collaborations with Leesa and Velux this month. They were both fantastic opportunities and I was thrilled to be asked! I also have a few more in the pipeline too so watch this space.
- So any fellow bloggers reading this will probably agree that building your Facebook page is like getting blood from a stone. It’s so frustrating! But this month, my page reached over 850 followers, which I was chuffed about whoop whoop.
- The brilliant Lucy of Lucy at Home asked me to take part in her guest feature ‘Blogger’s Bluff’. I don’t know if you’ve ever seen the comedy show ‘Would I Lie To You?’ but it’s one of my favourites and has me in stitches. Lucy’s feature reminds me of this show and I was asked to think of 3 stories, but one of them is a bluff and total nonsense. If you’d like to guess which story was a lie…come and have a look!
- I joined a YouTube community called The Parent Pod, the brain creation of Hayley from Sparkles and Stretchmarks so will have a few YouTube videos to share soon. It’s such a brilliant idea and I’m delighted to be part of the team.
- Balancing work and life has been really tricky this month. Work is really busy and I feel like I’m working 100mph from the moment I arrive til 6pm, when I have to pack up and leg it for the train. Bizarrely I quite like working under pressure, which is a good thing!
- My stepson turned 13! It felt like such a milestone and it’s been so lovely celebrating. He had a brilliant birthday and we bought him an iPhone 5s. So we’ve been working away ever since, transferring his number and getting all the apps on his phone. He was pretty pleased with the present!
- We took a family trip to Edinburgh a couple of weeks ago and it was lovely to have a break. The journey was super long but worth it when we got there, and everything was planned so well thanks to my other half’s sister, who had every detail covered! It was the break I needed and Edinburgh is such a beautiful city.
- My sister and her family are visiting at the moment and it’s so exciting! They work abroad so we don’t get to see each other all the time but it’s been wonderful catching up. My nephew is exactly a year older than Emma and it’s amazing seeing them play together.
Things to look forward to…
- I’ve got a few collaborations coming up, which I’m really looking forward to sharing. It’s been lovely receiving the odd offer as I’ve taken a bit of a back seat since starting work. These ones are things I really love the look of and hope you’ll enjoy reading about them.
- Our next holiday is coming really soon! At the end of November, we are jetting off to Melbourne to see my younger brother get married. I am so so excited to be there and introduce my extended family to my other half and Emma 🙂 In the meantime, we’ve even been doing loads of research on the best way to get through a 26 hour flight haha…
- Hopefully when this busy period at work calms down, my other half and I can actually go ‘out out’! I’m really looking forward to it as it’s been a tough month and often we’re too tired to even chat at the end of the evening, sad times.
So that rounds up our month – how has your October been? Crazy to think next time I’ll be writing this, it will be December already and gearing up for Christmas…eeek!