Well, just like that another year was gone…bye bye 2016! A few days ago I wrote a rather downbeat post about how I didn’t really achieve the goals I had set myself in September. On the back of that post, a few lovely people replied, reminding me that I should be proud of what I have achieved so I have re-located my positive pants and set some goals again. Let’s just call that little blip a side-effect of the flu/throat infection that seems to be refusing to leave our house!
Roll back a year ago and Bridie By The Sea hadn’t been born yet; Emma was 8 months old and doing great. She was crawling, eating well and sleeping mostly during the day just to keep the sleep deprivation at an all time high…but we were in a routine. I began to miss work a lot, which surprised me as I hadn’t really thought of it before. For some reason, which I still cannot remember – I decided to start a blog and it was the best thing I’ve ever done. Having that outlet to just write about whatever I wanted to was fantastic and what started as a few photos of Emma on the swings, is now so much more than that. I have a little scrapbook of all our adventures; I take more photos, more videos. We make more memories together and I love that it’s all recorded in one place.
My Blogging Achievements
I find it quite easy to brush aside the things I’ve achieved with my blog…call it my self-depracating side! But there’s lots to be proud of and more importantly, it gives me a bit of motivation to keep going for another year. So here goes:
– Social Followings – having built up almost 4K followers on Twitter and over 800 fans on Facebook. I still find social media an area I could work on, but am really proud of getting this far in only 9 months.
– Consistently writing 3-4 posts per week, even after I went back to work in September. It was fantastic to have my blog on the sidelines when I’m commuting – the perfect way to kill the time!
– Reaching the Top 500 blogs in the Tots100 ranking. I was amazed when I heard that there are over 8,000 blogs ranked, so was really proud to have stayed in the Top 500 for a few months now.
– Running the #DreamTeam linky with the fabulous Annette from 3 Little Buttons (and our guest hosts Dawn from Rhyming With Wine & Nicola from All Things Spliced). I love our little community and am so thrilled when we have lots of bloggers linking up each week!
– Contributing to The Huffington Post and being featured on the front page a couple of times.
Goals For 2017
So as I mentioned in my last post, the problem with my September goals were that they were so number specific and combined with my return to work, I sort of set myself up for feeling like a bit of a failure! Instead I’ve set five manageable goals that I hope I’ll be able to tick off as I go along.
– Consistently post 3 times per week, on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
– Continue to grow my social following and engage more on Twitter and Instagram.
-Keep up with my Wednesday travel segment, featuring Brighton days out or snapshots of our holidays.
-Attend another blogging conference this year and meet some more fellow bloggers!
– Collaborate with a few more brands, but also not put too much pressure on myself if I don’t have time to because of work and home life.
Lastly, I’d just like to take this opportunity to say thank you for reading my little blog over the past 9 months – it’s because of the comments I get that I’ve continued to write week after week. It’s proved above all to believe in myself and just go for it!
Wishing you all a very Happy New Year and all the very best for 2017…