It’s July! I still can’t believe how much this year is whizzing by. I was struck this week that a whole year ago we moved into our new house, when Emma was just 3 months old, which feels like a lifetime away. Now I can’t imagine living anywhere else.
This month Brighton was filled with rain and thunder but as I type this the sun is shining so maybe the good weather is on its way…
Lots of amazing things happened in June and it was definitely the month I’ve felt I’m in the groove with my blog. I didn’t have a lot of confidence with it at first but writing every day has helped me a lot, I’m absolutely loving it!
- Emma started walking this month and I’ve been so proud of her! You can really see how chuffed she is with herself after months of not being able to move around as she’d like. She only started crawling at 10 months so before that was a lot of frustration indeed. Her personality is totally changing too and she’s a real toddler now…there are tantrums a plenty now, which I’m sure is here to stay haha.
- I started my first collaboration with a brand this month, called Ted Wears Organic. I am such a big fan of their clothes and I really enjoyed our mini photo shoot with Emma of our first outfit. I am now a brand ambassador for them so looking forward to working together in the coming months too!
- This month I took the plunge and started vlogging! I’m really enjoying it, though I am still so nervous when I publish videos. It’s such a fun thing to do and I’ve loved seeing some of my favourite bloggers getting into it too…check out Bringing Up Georgia, The Mum Project and Just Saying Mum‘s channels too.
- The Huffington Post said yes to my pitch and have now published two of my blog posts. Of the two, ‘The Love of a Stepmum‘ received a lot of Facebook likes and I’m really proud to be a contributor on their platform.
- Attending BritMums Live was such a highlight to the month, especially meeting some of the wonderful bloggers I’ve been reading about for months and turning online friendships into real ones. We’re already talking about the next event(s) and it’s so lovely to have found this tribe of bloggers.
- We booked our holiday to Ireland in August! We have been talking about this for months and I’m so pleased it is in the diary. I always think it’s great to have things to look forward to and I can’t wait to go over and enjoy some relaxing times together.
So what’s in store for July?
- I’ve been invited to Stoke Park Hotel in Buckinghamshire to review their hotel and spa facilities. They also have a babysitting service that they would like us to try out so we might even get to have a date night!
- My Mum is returning from a long trip away and I can’t wait to see her. We’ve invited her down to Brighton to stay and I have a few things planned that I would love to share, but I don’t want to spoil the surprise for her (I know you’re reading Mum!).
- Over the next week or so, we will move Emma into her own room. I did write about my excitement over this a while ago, but we’ve had a few things to sort out along the way! So it’s finally here and I’m curious to know how she’s going to find it. My baby is really growing up…
- My first YouTube collaboration with a fellow blogger…I’m so excited about this! When we were at BritMums Live, the speaker was recommending collaborations so we’re going to give it a go. Watch this space!
How has you June been? Hope you have a lovely month planned too!