Well hello October! I love September as it starts to feel autumnal – it’s my favourite time of year and I can’t wait to get my cosy jumpers out. This is the month that it feels like the best of both worlds, you still get those Indian Summer days but also the air feels fresher. We live in quite a well insulated house, so when the temperature drops at night, it makes it so much easier for everyone to sleep…Emma is still not quite sleeping through but have faith (setting myself up here haha) that it will happen before Christmas.
I have to hold my hands up and say that my intentions to do a monthly update took a bit of a back seat last month. We had a fabulous holiday to Ireland and when I got back, it took ages to get back in the swing of things. That’s the sign of an amazing break though! I’m loving these monthly updates though as it helps me track my progress with the blog and see how things are going. I find that you get so involved with the writing that it’s hard to take a step back and realise that you’ve taken another step forward in a small amount of time!
On the blog…
- I was really happy to stay in the Top 500 on the Tots100 ranking, for the second time. The first time I only just broke through, so I had set myself up that it wouldn’t be the case.
- I took part in a brilliant 5-day productivity course with Aby from You Baby Me Mummy. As well as feeling lots more motivated, I also learned a lot and met some very positive people on there too.
- The blog’s page views and social media followings have been rising steadily; I was so chuffed to reach 3,000 on Twitter, over 600 on Facebook and creep closer to 1,500 on Instagram.
- One of my highlights of the month was being awarded the Dedication award in the #TribalChat Blogging Awards. Thank you for everyone who voted for me, it was a bit of a shock and I was so delighted.
- I got my first sponsored campaign, which will be coming on the blog in November. I’m super excited about this as I don’t get approached by brands very often!
- Lastly, I was over the moon to have my ‘I’ll Be A Good Friend Soon’ featured in the BritMums Newbie Round-up ‘Amazing Voices’.
- Life has been busy and full of change at home…first and foremost, I got a job! It’s so exciting to enter a new phase for our little family and get back to work. It’s a part-time job, which suits me perfectly and has been going very well so far. Of course, it’s a big logistical juggle but Emma has adapted really well.
- In Emma’s world, she started nursery. We were lucky that when I got the job offer, she had already been doing 2 mornings a week and is getting in the swing of things now. She seems to really enjoy getting stuck in and I think it was time for a little more stimulation for her.
- August saw an unforgettable holiday in Ireland and in general, spending lots of quality time together as a family, as my other half had August off work, yay!
Things to look forward to…
- There are a few big things coming up in October…my stepson, James is turning 13 and I can’t believe it. A teenager already. We have a lovely birthday celebration planned for him.
- We also have a very exciting trip to Edinburgh with my other half’s family – it’ll be a big one as everyone in the family will be together. It’s to celebrate my mother-in-law’s birthday and their wedding anniversary so should involve lots of bubbly!
Hope you have had a lovely month too – are you up to anything special in October?